How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 55733
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to know what i can take to control my appetite while

Customer Question

I want to know what i can take to control my appetite while i am taking pristiq
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Pristiq
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: low thyroid and high blood pressure
JA: When was last time you had a check up? Have you been feeling dizzy or lightheaded?
Customer: three months ago. no I am just fat and can't stop eating! lol
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

are you taking meds for thyroid?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I take Levothyroxine and lisinopril for bp but its controlled
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

I would recommend orlistat

It is safe with high BP and you can get it over the counter

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

Thanks for using

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Was thinking of trying something over the counter with 5HTP and guarana in it but I dont want to go into seratonin syndrome lol
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

I agree with that!

try orlistat

Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for this question.

Please don't forget a positive rating.

I appreciate it. :)