Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have some blood work records that I got from the ER

hospital and they show a...
I have some blood work records that I got from the ER hospital and they show a bunch of numbers out of range. The ER said nothing about these ranges. Can anyone on here read them and interpret what can possibly be wrong with me.
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/7/2016
Anthony Bray, MD

Hello !

Can you post or list your results ?

I'll be happy to take a look at them....

What symptoms have you been having?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

i have mucus on my left throat. not sure if it is from tonsils or in throat, but it is from left side. this mucus looks exactly like spit, but thick that builds up in the left side of my throat and it hurts sometimes and been feeling week lately, been happening 3 months ago.

At the time of the test I was on an antibotic and a steroid called prednisone, so I dont know if this steroid affected this.

here is the scanned document.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yzxy3h782u56fug/filename-1%20%2810%29.pdf?dl=0

Trying to upload this dropbox application to my computer ...

It is taking a while here ...sorry ...

Hitting snags ...sorry ...I'm going to opt out to let another expert on site take a look....

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

are you on a phone?

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

I am another expert here.

I got your blood work

the error levels don't really point to any one problem.

your symtoms of mucus in your throat sounds like bad seasonal allergies

have you tried to take benadryl at night time 25-50mg

and also allegra (fexofenedine) 180mg, or claritin, or zyrtec allergy medications.

these are over the counter.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

i took this, not allergies. please explain the blood work in detail.

your blood pressure is high.

severe anxiety can cause high blood pressure.

you need to take your blood pressure at home at rest which might be more normal.

ketones in your urine slightly high, that can be from not drinking enough water.

MCHC mean corpuscular hemoglobin concentration, slightly high, not worrisome if your hemoglobin and hematocrit are normal.

slightly high neutrophil percentages can be from you fighting off a viral infection. not worrisome if your total WBC count is normal.

glucose levels are high, but can be normally high after a meal.

BUN high can be from dehydration, not drinking enough water.

BUN/CR ratio high is only worrisome if you have a known kidney disorder.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

so does this blood results look like my body is fighting off a viral infection or a bacteria infection?

at most a viral infection.

no evidence of bacterial infection (no elevation of WBC count)

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

dang, then i wonder why the ER uploaded me with antibiotics.

1.) does this blood work indicate any blood cancer potentials?

2.) what tests can I have my doctor run to find out what virus I have?

3.) can it take 3 months or more for body to fight off a virus infection?

no potential for blood cancer. I am a cancer doctor.

there are too many viral infections to test for all of them. with fatigue you can ask your doctors to check for epstein barr virus which causes mononucleosis viral infection.

yes, it can sometimes take a while to fight off viral mono infection.

make sure you take a probiotic daily if you are taking an antibiotic to prevent diarrhea from antibiotics.

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

one last question.

i noticed on te blood work, it had a high number that said critical for lactic acid. what the heck is this?

Lactic acid levels get higher when strenuous exercise or viral infection

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

so in conclusion, do you really think I have a viral infection or could that steroid predisone medicine cause my levels?

you very well could have a viral infection.

prednisone usually causes your WBC counts to be elevated.

ask your doctor to be tested for viral infections like epstein barr virus which can cause fatigue.

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

one last question.

this can be elevated from muscle break down from exercise or infection.

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician