Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM. Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

I keep having sudden spikes in my bp and along with that

Customer Question

i keep having sudden spikes in my bp and along with that headaches and abdominal bloating - are these related. On Tuesday my bp spiked to 251/127 - yesterday while at the urologist my bp went from 217/102 to 224/112
JA: Is the headache episodic or daily? Any nausea along with the headache?
Customer: are you still there?
JA: No. I'm the Doctor's Assistant.
Customer: episodic and yes i get very nauseous as well as extremely thirsty
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: i have been told i have a bilateral upj narrowing
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

I am sorry you are having these symptoms.

severe anxiety or anxiety attacks can cause spike up in your bp and and cause headaches as well.

abdominal bloating can be due to your diet, sodas, poor diet, sensitivity to gluten in bread, carbs, lactose sugar in milk or dairy.

also spikes up in blood pressure can be due to pain, hormone imbalances, high blood cortisol levels, thyroid problems.

you need to be checked for diabetes if you are very thirsty and also get blood test to check your cortisol levels, kidney function

you need heart testing of echocardiogram, EKG and stress testing to see if something is wrong with your heart which can cause spikes up in blood pressure.

so you need more testing to be sure what is going on.

is your doctor running more tests for you?

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 1 year ago.

Im sorry to hear about your husband. Now the bile duct stone can be removed safely even if he is on warfarin. A specific procedure would have to be followed. Different hospitals have different protocols but generally speaking before ERCP (which is a procedure in which an endoscope is used to remove the stone and no major surgery is required), the iNR has to be checked atleast 7 days prior. This is then followed by stopping warfarin 5 days before the procedure and then shifting him onto heparin two days later. Once that is done the heparin is omitted on the day of the procedure and can be restarted even in the evening after the procedure is performed, PROVIDED no major bleeding occurs during it.

So in short YES if he is undergoing an ERCP it can be performed safely, similarly if major surgery is to be done to remove the stone even then a similar protocol can be followed to prevent the development of clots and he should do fine.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/