Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have little bruise like spots coming up on the bottom of

Customer Question
my feet had them for...
I have little bruise like spots coming up on the bottom of my feet had them for few months
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No haven't seen a doctor yet and not taking any medication
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have epilepsy and came off my medication about 18 months ago
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/6/2016
Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Do you have a picture which you can attach here?

Since you seem to be offline, ill leave a response here which we can discuss later on.

There are several reasons for these sort of bruises to appear at the bottom of your feet. This could be the result of ill fitting footwear which can cause increased stress on the sole of your feet leading to formation of bruises as well as pain in the sole of the feet. This would be corrected with the help of well fitting footwear.

Easy bruising can also be due to a number of other conditions, such as a problem with the platelets or even the clotting factors of the body. This would be easily detected with the help of simple blood tests like CBC and a PT/APTT/INr. However in most cases this would also cause bruising to appear in other regions of the body.

Another cause of this can be bruised sesamoids which are small bones in the feet. These connect the foot to the toes and it is possible that you could be adding stress to these bones in the way that you walk or run. the bruises in this case would appear on the balls of your feet.

Another cause can be that this is purpura which are the result of tiny capillaries bleeding into the skin. It results in red, flat spots or patches on the skin and mucus membranes. Purpura that results in tiny spots on the skin is called petechiae. these are usually the result of underlying diseases like autoimmune diseases or even hematological disorders.

So while i cant be sure what this actually is without looking at the pictures, it is likely that it may be one of these conditions and presence of bruises like these which are unexplained for such a long period of time does need a clinical examination to be confirmed. I would suggest that you do have this evaluated by your doctor asap.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor