How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr.Anil Your Own Question
Dr.Anil, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 9508
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr.Anil is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What can i do about a tickle under my chin?

Customer Question

What can i do about a tickle under my chin?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I’d be happy to assist you.

What is your age and gender?

Do you have tingling sensation/twitching under chin?

Any rash?

Any other medical history?

Are you taking any medications?

Since how long have you been suffering from?

Numbness in one side of face?

Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
male,age tingling, it's like someone's poking me. no rash.i'm taking crestor, lipitor ,metoprolol, & aspirin. i've had the problem a couple of days. no numbness.
Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 1 year ago.


I understand your concern.

Well as you describe,possible causes may include pinched or inflamed nerve locally in chin.

Myokymia-an involuntary, local twitching of a few muscle fibers in the body of a muscle.

Vitamin B12,potassium and magnesium deficiency.

Get more sleep, decrease caffeine intake and decrease stress.

Otherwise, does not sound serious without any other symptoms.
You can try magnesium supplement 400 mg twice daily and include plenty of fruits.

Start a multivitamin containing B complex.

Apply cool compresses.

Take OTC Motrin for few days.

Monitor your blood pressure.
If no improvement in a week, then you can see seeing your doctor for a clinical examination for further evaluation and management.

Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Waiting for your response.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 1 year ago.

May I help you further?
Waiting for your response.

Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please to not forget a positive rating and avoid poor/bad rating.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.