Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I currently have urine in panties

Customer Question
I currently have urine in panties
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
7/5/2016
Doctor: Dr.Anil, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor

Hello and thank you for your question. I’d be happy to assist you.
Associated burning sensation and pain during urination?
Pain abdomen?
Fever?
Since how long have you been suffering from?
Is it foul smelled urine?
Any other medical history?
Are you taking any medications?
Thanks.
Waiting for your response.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Burning no
No foul smell but can smell when I leak
No
No
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
On and off for a few months
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can I get a prescription to solve problems. I don't want to wear adult poise pads to bed
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No fever
No admonish pain
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do u need pictures of my areas
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I peed through my undergarments 2 last week
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My urine is clear
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Once in my sleep other couldn't make toilet in time

I understand your concern.

Well your urinary incontinence can be caused due to various factors which should be ruled out first to get treatment accordingly.

Urinary tract infection,constipation,Overactive bladder,stress,dietary factors like Alcohol,caffeine,decaffeinated tea and coffee,carbonated drinks,foods that are high in spice, sugar or acid, especially citrus fruits,medication induced.

You need to undergo urinalysis,Fasting blood sugar levels,kidney function test,Urodynamic testing,Post-void residual measurement,Cystoscopy.

For several days you record how much you drink, when you urinate, the amount of urine you produce, whether you had an urge to urinate and the number of incontinence episodes.

You should try some self care measures like

Kegel exercises.

Bladder training, to delay urination after you get the urge to go.You may start by trying to hold off for 10 minutes every time you feel an urge to urinate.

Double voiding-urinating, then waiting a few minutes and trying again.
Scheduled toilet trips, to urinate every two to four hours.

You may need to avoid alcohol, caffeine or acidic foods.

Try physical therapy with a pelvic floor therapist.

You get benefit from medications like Ditropan XL,Detrol, Myrbetriq. however these are prescribed medications.

Try Urethral insert,pessary.

See a urologist or gynecologist in person for proper evaluation and management.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Waiting for your response.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Could u explain the tests
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What's a urethral insert

Urinalysis. A sample of your urine is checked for signs of infection, traces of blood or other abnormalities.

Fasting blood sugar levels should be done with a blood sample to rule out Diabetes.

Kidney function test should be done to rule out kidney disease.

Post-void residual measurement. You're asked to urinate (void) into a container that measures urine output. Then your doctor checks the amount of leftover urine in your bladder using a catheter or ultrasound test. A large amount of leftover urine in your bladder may mean that you have an obstruction in your urinary tract or a problem with your bladder nerves or muscles.

Urodynamic testing. A doctor inserts a catheter into your urethra and bladder to fill your bladder with water. Meanwhile, a pressure monitor measures and records the pressure within your bladder. This test helps measure your bladder strength and urinary sphincter health.

Cystoscopy. Your doctor inserts a thin tube with a tiny lens into your urethra. Your doctor can check for, and possibly remove, abnormalities in your urinary tract.

Urethral insert is a small, tampon-like disposable device inserted into the urethra. The insert acts as a plug to prevent leakage, and is removed before urination.

Hope this helps.
Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please to not forget a positive rating and avoid poor/bad rating.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.

May I help you further?
Waiting for your response.

Please let me know if you have any questions, otherwise please click on positive rating! Thank you!
It's request to avoid poor/bad rating.
Best Wishes.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can an urgent care clinic perform these test. Should I wear adult diapers to bed

Most of the tests like urinalysis,Fasting blood sugar levels,kidney function test can be performed at ER.

You can try other self care measures and make an appointment with your doctor.

You can wear adult diapers in the meantime.

If you are satisfied with our conversation then bonus and positive feedback are appreciated.
Feel free for further queries.
Hope this helps.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Should I wear diaper to er
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
To show leakage

You can wear diaper at ER.

Feel free for further queries.
Hope this helps.

May I help you further?
Waiting for your response.

Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor