Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I need some ways to deal with physical symptoms of anxiety.

Customer Question
I'm constantly feeling sick and...
I need some ways to deal with physical symptoms of anxiety. I'm constantly feeling sick and like I'm always on the verge of dying. I've had so many tests that have come back normal. But I still feel horrible, I don't know what to do anymore
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
7/3/2016
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

what meds are you on if any?

are you going counseling?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm on ativan and currently going to an intensive outpatient program for anxiety. I have labrynthitus and pretty much have convinced myself something is seriously wrong with me. I feel spaced out, head hurts, crazy dizzy spells, and today my ribs hurt. I've been to the drs like 4 times now. Had tons of blood work done, ekg, heart monitor, mri of head and neck, CT scan of head and neck... I just don't know what's wrong with me

have you tried exercise?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's hard because I have so many symptoms.Right now I'm in bad anxiety because of the labrynthitus. Is it normal to feel this awful with this condition

I'm sorry you feel so bad

you need to try some form of exercise that will help this

I recommend tai chi or yoga

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is it normal to feel this awful with labrynthitus

yes

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How long will it take to get better? I'm having horrible panic attacks with it

Unpredictable.

It can take weeks to months sometimes

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's not something more serious though? I've had so many tests I've been to the emergency room 4 times alone this week

No, it is nothing life threatening.

I'm sure of it

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Why does it feel so scary?

anxiety does this.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Anyway to cope?

like i said, exercise is key

or meditation

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
But shouldn't I wait till the labrynthitus is over with? Is it best to try and ignore this. I just want to feel normal again. Having non stop anxiety all day long

No, the exercise will help with this

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
your sure it's not something more serious? I'm having another attack where it feels spinniny, my heart races, my sinuses gurt. I have wicked bad brain fog... is this all part of it

Im sure

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
im freaked out this is going to last months... I read it can linger on for a very long time. It really scares me that I wont start feeling better any time soon

If you follow my advice I think you will get better soon

Thanks for this question

please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it.
​if you have more questions, just reply. :)

Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor