How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 46694
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was transferred from one hospital to the largest hospital

This answer was rated:

I was transferred from one hospital to the largest hospital because of that one coin cell they just got out parts . Now a new gastroscopy any surgery done soon. Future prospects??I have a Type 2 chemical burns in the esophagus with stridor . Why can not the other hospital arrange this ? It is the same specialties within medicine ??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A small lithium battery.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had also a gastroscopy night to this day one the another hospital. But the battery had grown in to the tissue...

This is Dr. David

I am sorry that one cell batter has burned part of your esophagus.

you may need a specialty thoracic surgeon who can do a surgery to repair your esophagus

not all small hosptials have surgeons who can do esophageal surgeries like this

you are better at a larger hospital for esophageal injuries like this.

you have good future prospects now that you are at a larger hosptial where they have surgeons who are trained in doing esophageal surgeries.

let me know if you have questions.

Dr. David and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you