Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

After being outside all day at a pool I quickly got dressed

Customer Question
and went to dinner. After...
After being outside all day at a pool I quickly got dressed and went to dinner. After returning 2 hours later and changing my clothes I noticed a small like pimple bleeding on my leg. It isn't deep and doesn't feel raised like a bite but I am concerned it could have been a tick attached and then become dislodged when my clothing rubbing against my leg was removed. The spot that bled is the size of an eraser and after washing it is now just bright red. Should I be alarmed there could have been a tick attached?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
6/27/2016
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Welcome back to Justanswer website.

Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern

Is it painful to touch?

Associated itching? Has it increased in size?

Any other associated symptoms.

Can you please share picture.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No pain, no itching and no increase in size

Dear,

Thanks for all these additional details.

I am sorry to hear about your problems.

From the description, it sounds to be- Tick bite on insect bite.

You should clean affected part with lot of warm water and soap.

The serious allergic symptoms to be checked are-
Trouble breathing, shortness of breath, Throat tightness or difficulty swallowing Feeling weak or Turning blue. From the description it sounds that you don't have serious reaction, and this can be managed at home.

You need to apply 1% Cortisone cream mixed with Bacitracin ointment twice a day on the bump for 5-7 days. Also take Tab Claritin 10 mg once a day for the itching. These are OTC drugs.

Usually in 4-5 days, such symptoms will get resolve completely.

As such, to be honest, this is not a serious issue and can be managed with measures, as advised.

Hope this helped

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
you think the tick was attached and fell off? Should I be put on antibiotics?

Dear,

Yes, it is possible tick may have attached, which then fell off by its own.

No need to worry. Most of the tick are harmless.

Yes, you should put 1% Cortisone cream mixed with Bacitracin antibiotic ointment twice a day on the bump for

5-7 days. there is no need for oral antibiotics. Local cream would do well.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear,

If you have any further question then you can ask me.
I'm here to discuss further query until you get satisfaction.
Thanks.

Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor