Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

Have had kidney stones in the past..very painful way low

Customer Question

Have had kidney stones in the past..very painful way low back pain, right abdomen and right groin..in addition feels like constipation, can only release very little bowel excrement each time I try..I am hurting very badly..should I go to er.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome to Justanswer website.

Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today

Yes,you need to go to ER.

The symptoms you have described of having severe pain in lower back,right abdomen and right groin is suggestive of kidney stone.

Less likely this can be bowel obstruction.

Whenever there is a disharmony or breakdown between the two functions of the kidney(to conserve water and to eliminate the body's waste substances) it leads to the formation of stones.

As you have already taken tramadol & still the pain is not relieved,you need to go to ER now.Shots of pain killersare required to relieve this pain.

Treatment of stone will be done depending upon the size & location of kidney stone.Continue to drink plenty of water.

Hope this helped

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer

Is there anything else that you would like to know. , I am happy to address your follow-up questions.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh