How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Muneeb Ali Your Own Question
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 7108
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM. Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Muneeb Ali is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My skintag has swollen with pus. 2days, It's been there flat

Customer Question

My skintag has swollen with pus.
JA: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?
Customer: 2days
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so the dentist can help you best.
Customer: It's been there flat but I could yesterday it felt bigger and I wake this morn looked in the mirror it eas swoll and had pus bump
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dentist about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 1 year ago.


Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Can you attach a picture here?

Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 1 year ago.

Since you seem to be offline ill leave a response here which we can discuss later on.

Well from what you have told me it sounds as if you have developed an abscess. This can occur due to an infection by bacteria , most commonly a staph infection. Now since you do have pus in the skin tag, it would have to be drained as soon as possible before it spreads any further. This can be done easily at your local urgent care center or even the ER. In addition they can take a culture of the pus so the exact organism which is causing the infection can be determined. Additionally you would also have to be started on antibiotics to counter the effects of the infection.

So what i would recommend is that you go to the urgent care center or ER and have the abscess drained ASAP and get started on antibiotics. Dont try to treat it at home, this needs to be drained and thoroughly cleaned out by a doctor preferably at the ER or urgent care.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,