How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask khagihara Your Own Question
khagihara, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 6590
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
khagihara is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Will an Endocrinologists be able to help me with my

Customer Question

Will an Endocrinologists be able to help me with my situation:
Had stomach removed at the Mayo in Minn. Before this I threw up for 3 years about 3-5 times a day, very malnourished and lost an enormous amount of bone mass - I was 90 lbs by the time I got help and diagnosed at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn. To add to the high bone loss (osteo) I also have degenerate arthritis. My purpose for your possible help is that I was put on 2 bond loss meds and had very bad reactions to both. On infusion, the other pills. Since I have no stomach my primary said there is nothing else can be done for me in the way of bone loss and meds to help slow it down or maintain. I now have ezema as a result of the meds I was on. I break out on face, elbow, knees and head. I use cortizone cream and it helps some, but I really need help with these break outs and would love to find some thing to help with bone density situation. Would a Endocrinologist be able to help me with this? My primary recommended that this might be the path I need to go? Thank you, ***** *****
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

Since you are allergic to the medications (bisphosphonates), you should try teriparatide, denosumab, or raloxifen. You should see an endocrinologist. Kurt A. Kennel, M.D. is a specialist in endocrinology at Mayo Clinic in Rochester.