Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
56178413

My boyfriend is bleeding from the tip of penis, Freaking

Customer Question

My boyfriend is bleeding from the tip of penis
JA: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this?
Customer: Freaking out
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Subbanna MD replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Doctor and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns related to your boy friend.

First I will ask few questions so that I can gather additional information related to your health concerns about him.

1) How long he has been bleeding? Is it severe bleeding?

2) Does he have any fever? Any chills?

3) Any pain in the groin, or flank, or back, or pelvic area or in the penis itself?

4) Has been already seen by a Dr and has he been investigated?

5) You have answered “Yes” to the question “Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?” Which is actually “your boyfriend’s medical history” Could you tell me more about his medical history? Any STD possibilities?

Best regards,

Neuro Doctor

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Write your reply here...severe enough to cover my hand with bloodno painno STDsback surgery after broken back and paralysis set in. paralyzed three years, now walking again for approx 2 1)2 years .no fever today, fever off and on past few nights.no nauseu today, complaints over past few days.no groin pain53 years old250+ pounds approx.5'10" tallHispanic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hi, Thanks for all these additional information.

And I am sorry I cannot do the phone service due to certain technical issues. If you wish to continue with this current question & answer format I will be very glad to continue assisting you further. Please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Write your reply here... yes

Okay thanks! I am typing the answer now and I will post my answer here as soon as it is ready.

Okay I am ready and I am posting my answer here.

There are few different possibilities to explain his new onset bleeding from the penis.

This could be urinary tract infection (he has some fever too which can be seen with infections)

Urinary tract stones can also cause bleeding like this.

There may be structural problems in the urinary tract like ulcers or growths etc inside the penis or higher up in the urinary tract which too cause bleeding like this.

He needs to be seen by a Dr asap so that they can examine him and also do relevant investigations to finalise the diagnosis and treat accordingly

Please let me know if you have any further questions; and if you feel you have received the answer to your question please rate me so that I can receive credit for the time and effort put by me in answering your question.

Best regards,

Neuro Doctor

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Write your reply here... fever was slight and a recent onset occurred maybe twice in late evening .wouldn't stones cause severe pain?what kind of thing would cause a growth you mentioned?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You can add more here... can you tell me what type of testing, examinations he can expect to go through so I can po prepare him?

Fever may not be always prominent with infections.

Stones cause generally severe pain, but there are instances stones not causing much pain or any pain.

Growth wise there are various possibilities like tumors, granulomas etc

He will require a basic urine analysis to start with along with CBC (cell count), later more tests like Ultrasound of Urinary tract, possibly CAT scan etc. If these testing do not help then more specialized testings like Pyelogram, Endoscopic examination of the urinary tract etc. Even testing for Prostate too may be needed.