How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Uzair Your Own Question
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 7946
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Uzair is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have Psoriasis arthritis longer then 10 years. Using

Customer Question

I have Psoriasis arthritis longer then 10 years. Using dimethylfumurate (Psorino) and topical for the spots mainly on the stomach and back. Pain is coming up. Tablets does not seem to help anymore. I am allergic to NSAID
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome.

Which painkillers you have already tried?

How long are you suffering from psoriatic arthritis?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
longer then 10 years
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't have much choice because of the allergy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cant take NSAID
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have these spots
mainly on the stomach area and back and upper arm
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
scaling on the scalp
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi , this is Prya
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
now using Psorinovo and Clobex Shampoo and some Paracetamol for the pain
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for reply,

As you are allergic to NSAIDS, the first line agent for you is paracetamol which you are already taking but still having pain. The next choice you have is opiods that is codein, tramadol etc (available only by prescription). Other remedy for your pain is a nerve block that is nerves that are causing pain are blocked by injecting local anesthetic. I would suggest you to visit a pain physician, he can examine you and can prescribe opiods pain killer and can offer you nerve block for pain relief for longer duration. You have to follow up with your dermatologist for psoriatic medications.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.