How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 45981
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I suffer from autoimmune diseases and ahuS -- both from

Customer Question

I suffer from autoimmune diseases and ahuS -- both from inherited malfunctioning genes.
Is there anything that can be done for me, maybe editing my GENES, in your experience?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

I am sorry you have to deal with autoimmune disorder as well as atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome

gene therapy is still being researched

is interesting article. it talks about mutations CFH, C3, or CFB

"Patients with combined mutations achieved remission with plasma treatment similar to patients with single mutations."

have you had plasma infusions?

eculizumab can be used for treatment as well

is another good article.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

Thanks for using