Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I am on a 50,000U 12 week dose of Ergocalciferol. I just had

Customer Question

I am on a 50,000U 12 week dose of Ergocalciferol. I just had a shot of whiskey to help me sleep and woke up with hives all over. Is this dangerous?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

Thanks for your question.

The severity of the drug allergy that you are having needs to be assessed by your doctor and appropriate treatment needs to be given. Sometimes with low severity even OTC antihistamines are beneficial. However sometimes steroids are indicated for severe reaction. Therefore though this is most likely not serious and dangerous since you are not having any breathing difficulty, still this needs to be examined by your doctor. You need to go to the emergency or an urgent care center. Also inform your prescribing doctor about the allergic reaction.

Take care.