How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Muneeb Ali Your Own Question
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 6678
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM. Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Muneeb Ali is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Have a pain that starts about pocket gh on inside of my

Customer Question

have a pain that starts about pocket high on inside of my thigh goes almost to knee feels like a knife cut
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 1 year ago.


Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Now there are several causes for this sort of pain. The first one which comes to mind is that it could be due to a simple muscle spasm or strain. this can be due to dehydration or even electrolyte imbalances. if this is the case then it can be corrected with the help of increased fluid intake and also use of electrolyte rich fluids. If that doesnt work, then OTC painkillers like motrin or aleve. If that doesnt work then prescription strength muscle relaxants can be used.

Another cause of this pain can be associated with nerve entrapment. this would cause sharp, stabbing sort of pain which can radiate down into the leg. It can sometimes also cause numbness, burning or tingling in this region. The diagnosis can be made with the help of a clinical examination and also with a EMG/NCS test. Once that is done you can be treated with medication like gabapentin or lyrica.

Yet another cause of this pain can be associated with the hip joint. Sometimes pain from the hip joint can radiate into this region of the thigh and it can be diagnosed with a xray of th hip or even a MRI. Treatment is with painkillers and steroid injections.

Now i woudl suggest that you try the increased fluids and OTC painkillers to counter the pain and if that doesnt help, see your doctor to get the EMG/NCS tests done as well as the xrays of the hip joint.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
your answer was fine but i bo not want to keep the service so i will not pay for it anymore
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 1 year ago.

You can contact customer services for this purpose.