Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I am relocating to knoxville, tn area from florida where

Customer Question
I've lived most of my...
I am relocating to knoxville, tn area from florida where I've lived most of my life. I broke my neck and back in 2002, lost my right leg blk amputation, and partial amputation of left foot. I've been in pain management since 2003, I'm on 3 meds, 100mg ms cotin 30mg ms cotin and 30mg roxy codone and need help finding a good dr. In tn who will continue my management and not mess with it as it's taken years to get to happy life again, quality of life. I have regular Medicare A,B and D. I've read some reviews but all bad. Can you please help I have 15 days left of meds and scared I will run out and suffer. Thanks Duke(###) ###-####***@******.***
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/12/2016
Doctor: Dr. D. Love, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr. D. Love, Doctor

Hello from JustAnswer.

I am sorry that no expert has yet responded, but it is because it is virtually impossible to know which doctors would be willing to prescribe this amount of opioids in any specific clinical situation until an assessment has been done. No doctor will make any statement that could be construed as being willing to continue whatever opioid regimen was previously prescribed, as they would run the risk of losing their license or their controlled substance registration.

A doctor that practices in Knoxville may have a better impression of the prescribing practices of local doctors, but it would be impossible for an expert on this site to be able to say which doctor would be willing to do so.

I can tell you that you are correct that many doctors are hesitant to automatically prescribe opioids at this dose, and the national guidelines for the chronic use of opioids is to try to get off opioids whenever possibel or at least get to a lower dose. It is also true that the likelihood that any doctor would be willing to prescribe opioids at this dose would be directly related to better documentation of previous efforts to get off or lower the dose of the opioids, not just documentation of the underlying conditions causing the chronic pain.

I can also tell you of some doctors that are higher rated, but that is certainly not a guarantee that they would continue the same medicines and doses. Pain Management Doctors in Knoxville that are highly rated include Dr. Bruce Fry, phone number of(###) ###-####and Dr. Timothy Bunker, phone number of(###) ###-####

If I can provide any clarification, please let me know.

Dr. D. Love, Doctor