DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

I have lump behind head, Hard two weeks, It is painless, my

Customer Question

I have lump behind head
JA: How long have you had the lump? Is it hard or soft?
Customer: Hard two weeks
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: It is painless, my ear is a little icky and my throat feels weird like when you have cold. But it is dry
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: I have neck pain too
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Hello

It is most likely a sebaceous cyst, which forms around a hair and creates its own sheath and fluid.

It is harmless but needs to be removed.

Glad to look at a picture here.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back.

I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/