How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 46959
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Two to three times a year my 31 year old son gets such

Customer Question

Two to three times a year my 31 year old son gets such stomach pains he can't keep anything down. He's been scoped and told his esophagus and stomach look like a 60 year olds. That's as far as it goes. He pays child support and can't afford insurance and paying his rent and bills. The doctors never go any further. They give him anti-nausea pills, which don't work, hydrate him, and send him home. I don't know what to do to help him.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

you need to bring him to better GI doctors at a larger university medical center where they will see him even if he doesn't have insurance.

he needs a stomach biopsy and testing to check for H Pylori bacterial infection in his stomach

he needs blood test to check for excessive gastrin blood levels which can cause high stomach acid production

he may have to go on strong stomach acid blockers like Nexium or protonix to decrease stomach acid.

he may have to change his diet to avoid foods which worsen stomach acid.

do you have a large city university medical center where you can take him to see a university GI doctor?