Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

I am experiencing pain around my belly button. when i push

Customer Question

I am experiencing pain around my belly button. when i push down on it i get a sharp pain. I have tried resting for a few days and it seems like it has actually gotten worse. I have had it for about 3 weeks now and i'm unsure of what to do. I recently moved last week to a completely different state and i'm wondering if this has something to do with stress from the move. I would like to know generally what i am dealing with and if or when i should seek a doctor.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome to Justanswer website.

Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today

The pain you are having around belly button since last few days can be due to different causes.Most common one are:Appendicitis (inflammation of the appendix),bowel obstruction,Cholecystitis (inflammation of the gallbladder) with or without gallstones,food allergy,hernia.Other less common causes are:intussusception,Diverticular disease, including diverticulitis.

The most probable cause seems to be Appendicitis or bowel obstruction or gall bladder disease.

You need following tests:

• Ultrasound of the abdomen,
  • X-rays of the abdomen,
  • Blood tests

The exact diagnosis can only be made after physical examination & tests.This should not be ignored & needs to be evaluated by your doctor.So I advice you to make an appointment with your doctor ASAP.If the pain is very severe then go to ER.

Hope this helped

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh