How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Rick, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 11267
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Rick, MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to talk with a gastroenterology...I had a

Customer Question

I need to talk with a gastroenterology...I had a hysterectomy yesterday and they found this on my colon could you tell me what it is
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Do you have any GI symptoms?

How old are you?

Do you know if the lesion was soft or firm or if any other lesions were noted?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No GI symptoms. 65, don't know if it was hard or soft..Yes i take many medicines. I'm on the Kidney transplant list...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have diverticulitis
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't think your buttons working
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that additional information.

Did your OB/GYN give you any other information on the specifics of the lesion as to consistency, size, depth, how far from the opening of your colon it was located. or if any other ones were noted?

The buttons are working, I'm just having to get ready to head into work for morning clinic :)

Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.

The differential diagnosis for a white intraluminal colon lesion is very long and branching and would include benign things such as a foreign body, scar formation all the way up to more significant things such a tumors.

The bot***** *****ne?

There is no way to guess what this mass is by looking at it from inside your abdomen.

So. What should you do?

You need to gather up your records, as well as these intraoperative photographs, and consult with a GI specialist. After reviewing your records and examining you she will, most likely, schedule you for a colonscopy. During the colonscopy she will be able to directly visualize the lesion or lesions and obtain tissue biopsy for microscopic evaluation.

This way you will know exactly what this white mass is and what, if anything, needs to be done.

Is it an emergency that you see a GI Specialist and have a colonscopy and'or an MRI, done? No. But I would try to get in for a complete GI evaluation sooner rather than later.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

I wish you the very best