Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have swore in my mouth roof it is burning pain plz can you

Customer Question
help me why it could...
I have swore in my mouth roof it is burning pain plz can you help me why it could be
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
6/5/2016
Doctor: Dr. D. Love, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr. D. Love, Doctor

Hello from JustAnswer.

Is this a visible sore? If so, could you attach a picture of the sore?

How long has this been bothering you?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
From 4 months
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It in inside on top on mouth roof i can take photo
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can you tell me what problem i may have
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is very painfull

Are you able to attach a picture?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No i cant take
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I try myself but could
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Not

I am sorry. I thought you said that you can take a photo.

There are several common conditions that can cause a chronic sore on the roof of the mouth.

A sore can develop because of chronic acid reflux that is letting acidic contents get into the mouth. Most people with acid reflux will also have heartburn, but there are some people with acid reflux that do not have heartburn and only present with symptoms from acid irritation of the throat, mouth, or lungs.

Mouth sores can also occur because of chronic inflammatory conditions, and this would be more likely if there are other unexplained systemic symptoms.

The other major concern when there is a chronic sore in the mouth would be a cancer of the mouth. Cancer of the roof of the mouth is not as common as other types of cancer, but can occur. Any time there is a sore that persists, there should be consideration of whether it is cancer.

It is reasonable to try some home interventions, particularly for acid reflux. It may help to take a medicine to suppress stomach acid, such as ranitidine or omeprazole. It also may help to swish antacids in the mouth several times per day, including at bed time. If these interventions promote healing of the sore, then it obviously is not cancer. But if the sore persist, then it would be important to see your doctor for further evaluation.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can this be hiv problem or oral sex bacteria or fungal
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can you recommend a tablet to treat this which i can buy over the counter

It is very unusual for any infection to cause a sore that persists for 4 months. It will either resolve spontaneously or will get so bad that people will not sit at home and tolerate it. For example, the mouth sores of an acute HIV infection will typically resolve over 2-4 weeks. The infections that may persist indefinitely until treated, such as oral yeast, will usually get intolerable long before 4 months have elapsed.

The medicines that I recommended above are over the counter in most countries.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Plz let me any medications i can buy anf try out if it gets better

I just posted an answer to that question.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I m fully vegetarian person can this be related to it or b12 low problems

Vitamin B12, folic acid, or iron deficiencies are associated with mouth sores, but these are more often recurrent short-term sores, rather than chronic sores. It certainly would be OK to take a multivitamin and iron supplements.

Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

I think i have mouth bacteria problem

Mouth bacteria are not a common cause of a sore on the roof of the mouth that persists for months, but if there is evidence that it is due to bacteria, then your doctor can prescribe antibiotics.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

Can you give me antibiotics i buy over the counter

Oral antibiotics are not over the counter in most countries.

Dr. D. Love, Doctor