How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 46962
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am having foot pain when I walk. It starts in the bottom

Customer Question

I am having foot pain when I walk. It starts in the bottom of my foot shoots up my big toe and then the top of my foot. It was annoying at first but now I can barely walk cause of the pain.
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: I have had the pain for 5 days now. I am fine if I am sitting or laying down but as soon as I put any pressure on said foot instant pain
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

I am sorry you are having foot pain when you walk.

how old are you? are you male or female?

often times pain on the bottom of the foot can be from something called plantar fasciitis inflammation of the fascia between the muscles on the soles of the foot.

this pain can be quite painful and can cause you not to be able to walk.

icing the foot, stretching the foot and avoid going barefoot in the home and using indoor shoes can help support the feet and can help calm down this inflammation.

other potential causes include arthritis or tendonitis or bursitis

you should see a doctor face to face about this foot pain and get a foot exam and foot xray to rule out fractures or microfractures in the bones.

your doctor can also give you oral steroids or anti-inflammatories which you can use as well to help calm down inflammation in the foot.

your doctor can also prescribe physical therapy and stretching exercises for you to help you stretch the muscles on the sole of your foot to help decrease inflammation and pain.

do you have a doctor or podiatrist you can see about your foot pain?

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

do you have any other questions?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thank you I will go see a doctor.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

you are welcome

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

Thanks for using