Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

If the insertive penile dámelo to male after the conclusive

Customer Question
If the insertive penile dámelo...
If the insertive penile dámelo to male after the conclusive studies Is 4 infections in 10.000 acts, and circuncised men has 60% lower risk how many infections will happend in 10.000 acts from female to male if the men Is circuncised
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
6/3/2016
Doctor: khagihara, Doctor replied 1 year ago
khagihara
khagihara, Doctor

The number in Insertive penile to vaginal intercourse didn't say how many men are circumcised and not circumcised. Where did you find the report that circumcised men have 60% lower risk?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
In cdc usa and many studies
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The studies talk about stadustics whitout circuncision 1 in 2500 female to male transmisión per act but if you circuncised the risk Is 60% less i means 1 in 4000 act transmission if my maths are correct
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
if you think im wrong What will be then the risk female to male in your opinion per act

The CDC statics doesn't mention the participants are circumcised or not. It is difficult to calculate the probability. But there could be some who are not circumcised in the CDC statics. So I would say less than 1 in 2500.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I had a exposure Whit a woman im circuncised was just one Night and im fear to be infected in one exposure do you think Is posible or my risk Is low would be nice your point of view
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will get tested anyway in 2 weeks im waiting to get the 12 weeks window period im very anxiety and reading much about this i got flu 40 days after Whit fever 38.3 just around 12 hours then the fever gone, no rash or stonach problems or other symtomps i found a gland in my neck close to sternomastideo just 1 cm i had a teets extraction few mouths ago i dont. Know i the gland was there before or not i read ars usuall y happend 2-4 weeks after my symtomps was 5.7 weeks after and so low

You can have a H(V RNA test 9 to 11 days after exposure and get the fastest, most accurate results available on the market. Since it is a very sensitive test, it could cause false positive result. If it is negative, you don't have HIV.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What you think Is my chances Been infected ?

The majority of people infected by HIV develop a flu-like illness within a month or two after the virus enters the body. This illness, known as primary or acute HIV infection, may last for a few weeks. Possible signs and symptoms include:

• Fever
  • Headache
  • Muscle aches and joint pain
  • Rash
  • Sore throat
  • Swollen lymph glands, mainly on the neck

Although the symptoms of primary HIV infection may be mild enough to go unnoticed, the amount of virus in the bloodstream (viral load) is particularly high at this time.

khagihara
khagihara
khagihara, Doctor