Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I am scheduled for a trip to Costa Rica in early July. Do I

Customer Question
need any special immunizations etc.Are...
I am scheduled for a trip to Costa Rica in early July. Do I need any special immunizations etc.Are there tips to protect my health while there?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
6/2/2016
Doctor: Cerecita,
 replied 1 year ago
Cerecita

Hello, and thanks for your question.

Check with your doctor if you need boosters or vaccinations for measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine, diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis (DPT) vaccine, varicella (chickenpox) vaccine, polio vaccine, and your yearly flu shot. In addition, it is recommended to get the following vaccinations: Hepatitis A and Typhoid.

Here is more information at this travel website:

http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations/traveler/none/costa-rica

-------

Zika virus outbreaks have been reported in Costa Rica, so if you are a pregnant woman, you should not travel there. Bring a good supply of mosquito repellant containing DEET to spray on yourself and your clothing and try to wear long sleeves and long pants with socks, when possible.

Try to drink bottled water as opposed to tap water and just be vigilant.

I wish you a great trip!

I hope you found this answer helpful and will please take a moment to select a positive rating from the stars at the top of your page, then click 'submit;' this is the only way I will receive credit for assisting you. Thank you very much!

Even after rating, I will always be available if you need additional information; just click 'reply' and I will be glad to continue.

Warmest wishes,
Cher

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I read what you just said online. I thought I was paying and asking the advice of a physician.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Your answer was fine. It is just that I already read all of that online and when I got the e-mail from just answer and since I have received advice before from a physician that was very good at the time I responded with a question expecting an answer from a physician so I am naturally disappointed that I paid $23.00 for something that I had read for free.
Doctor: Cerecita,
 replied 1 year ago

So sorry. You posted in our 'General' Category and as you can see, all the information you need is all at that site. You actually did not 'pay' anything, yet; the funds in your Just Answer account are only taken out when you give a positive rating to the expert answering you.

I will request that your question be moved to our Medical category. Thanks for your patience; this might take a little while.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There was a list of categories under the space to write the question. I checked twice and nothing under medical so I just submitted it. So will I hear again from this page?
Cerecita
Cerecita
Cerecita