Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Penile discharge and negative std results : I have had an

Customer Question

Penile discharge and negative std results
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: I have had an std 4 times over the past 10 years. I caught it the 4th time in April of this year. It was gonorrhea of the throat. It cleared. But then the symptoms started coming back recently so I went and got tested again and the results were negative.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: For the past 3 weeks I have been squeezing my penis like 3 or 4 times a day to check for discharge because I was paranoid from having unprotected sex 3 weeks ago. I don't know if that has caused the inflammation at this point.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. SH and will be helping you out with your concerns today.

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Since how long are you having this discharge?

Do you have any pain or burning when passing urine?

Please let me know.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's been about 2 and a half weeks.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

What is the color of the discharge?

What kind of tests have you had?

Have you been given any treatment for this as yet?

Please let me know.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was giving medication to treat chlamydia and gonorrhea. NO burning, discharge is clear, in the morning its white. It's only been white like 2 mornings. I had mouth swab, blood work and urine test. A little over a year ago I had to go to emergency room for an urinary tract infection that caused me to bleed when I ejaculated. It was not an STD though.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

So the medications given to you to treat chlamydia and gonorrhea did not cure your condition I presume.

The other possibility in your case could be chronic prostatitis, in which case you would require a longer course of an antibiotic i.e. an antibiotic for four to six weeks at least.

I would recommend that you be seen by a urologist to have this possibility considered, if not done already.

This session is open for any further questions that you may have.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.
Kindest regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No they did not clear it, but my results were negative. Can this be spread through sexual contact?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Well, if your results were negative then the possibility of this being a sexually transmitted disease is pretty low.

I think that the possibility of chronic prostatitis should be explored.

I would appreciate it if you rate me before we proceed.

This session will remain open even after your rating and you can continue asking me questions.

Kindest regards