Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

Dear Doc. i have BPH. and i was equally given Tamsulosin…

Dear Doc. i have BPH...
Dear Doc. i have BPH . and i was equally given Tamsulosin hydrochloride . The side effect is much including retrograde and no sperm ejaculation. what alternative drug can you recommend as a very close alternative with little or no side effect.Chijioke Ph.D
5/31/2016
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hi this is Dr Stan here to help you today. Unfortunately, you are taking the best medication with the least reported side effects. There is another that has an indication for treating BPH and that is Cialis daily (5mg). In my experience it is not as good in relieving frequency, urgency or the need to get up at night to urinate, but you won't have the erection/jaculation problems. Request a prescription from your doctor, it's worth a try. I hope this is helpful and you see a change. I am here to answer any additional questions you may have and a positive rating is always appreciated.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please Doc. Are these side effects reversible . That is "will i return my normal self " when i stop taking the drugs. Because i ejaculate up to 10 ml of sperm before i started this medication.chijioke

Yes, once the current medication is out of your system. It will take approximately 5-7 days.

Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Dr Stan
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor