Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I want to exercise but I'm always fatigued and feel weak.

Customer Question
I want to exercise but...
I want to exercise but I'm always fatigued and feel weak. The main thing that is stopping me from breaking this fear and exercise is that I always start exercising for a week or two but then i get a cold/flu/allergy knockout that keeps me away from the gym and this happened throughout the past years as a result I CANT exercise for more than 15 days maximum.I need to solve this problem and i really need to exercise for general health and body appearance.I was an ex- panic disorder sufferer
I am a chronic allergic rhinitis suffererI always do checkups and they turn out to be good except for a slight low blood platelets count for actually no reason.attached is my lab tests, please take a look and guide me to a better healthy life.Brief - cytomegalovirus antibody IGG & epstein barr VCA-IGG : POSITIVECASE: CYTOMEGALOVIRUS IGM : NEGATIVEFREE FROM ALL OTHER VIRUSES AS WELL, EVEN HIV 1&2 AND VIRUS A, B & CAll labs are normal except : the cmv IGG and epstien barr IGG - doctor said they were past infectionsHaemoglobin: 14.2 reference (13-18)Red blood cells: 4.7 reference(4.5-6.5)White blood cells: 4,800 reference (4000-10000)Basophilis : 0% reference (0-100%)Eosinphilis : 48 reference(40-400)Neutrophilis: 3216 reference(2500-7500)Monocytes : 240 reference(200-800)Blast cells : 0%Myeleos : 0%Metamyelos: 0%Mpv : 7 reference (6.5-11)Mcv : 85.5 reference(76-96)Mch : 29 reference(27-32)Mchc : 33.5 reference(32-36)Rdw : 13 reference(10-15)Pdw: 11 reference(10-18)Blood platelets- 137,000 reference(150,000-400,000)Michrohaematocrit- 43 reference(42-46)Pct - 0.096% reference(.100-.500)Lymphocytes - 2508 reference(1500-3500)
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
5/30/2016
Doctor: Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Anthony Bray, MD

Hello!

I reviewed Your labs above and there would not seem anything of significant concern with these results.

I suggest that you just build into exercise routine VERY GRADUALLY...

Start with a walk 15 to 20 minutes once a week for a few weeks ... Then twice a week a few weeks....

Keep building very gradual but steady each 3 weeks...

I think that a gradual build up routine to add days / more range of exercise / mix of strength training and aerobic will help you to adjust so that you do not get really physically over-stressed

To build at right rate I think should help you feel much better with more energy and should stay healthy

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what is the cause of my low platelet count in combination to my normal labs
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
why am i fatigued if my labs are like this?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
why do i get sick frequently especially when i start the exercising season

Hello again..

Your platelet count is still quite functional ..ok in that sense ..

You might have some enlargment of spleen as a common possible cause ....

( I'm breaking answer into small bits and am working on reply...I keeping losing long answers to you......

They may check to see if you have ANTIBODIES 's platelets as that may be a cause ....

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There is no enlargement or any abnormalities in my catscans
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Whatever I might have, is it serious? Life threatening? Disabling ?

Hello again,

Have your thyroid function checked if not done yet ...

Vitamin B12 level..

Are you sleepy during day ?? Then you may want a sleep study to check vs a problem with your quality of sleep >> Obstructive sleep apnea..

I would screen for autoimmune and inflammatory problems for genral problem of fatigue >> sed rate/C-reactive protein/ ANA/ ANCA...

There is not anything that would seem life threatening from reviewing your history and labs so far >> No to that...

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok can i exercise start exercising or shall i check my crp and thyroid?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
do i don't sleep during the day

Even you start to exercise you may start from a point of being out of shape.. deconditioned.. this may be associated with feeling tired...

So you may start too fast with exercise program and this stress may be associated with your getting sick...

So I suggest that you start very gradual and stay in a good comfort zone for you as you ease into a program of exercise...

Start gradual exercise >> Yes to that>>

Nothing is going to be hurt for you to start a gradual walking program..

As soon as you may have the other things that we discussed checked...

Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor