How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Basu Your Own Question
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 29060
Experience:  MD
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Basu is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I tend to develope a pain at the left side of my waist when

Customer Question

I tend to develope a pain at the left side of my waist when I am walking.
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: I've had diverticulitis, 5 years ago. I'm in good physical condition except for aging aches and pains age72. This pain comes for a while as now. Other times not noticeable.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: I was once diagnosed with IBC but that doesn't seem to be very appropriate.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.


It can be from your diverticulosis if this is in the abdomen.

If in the groin, more likely it is hip pain referring to groin, or hernia.

If it is on bone, something else.

You need an exam to narrow these possibilities down at this point.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here

Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Such pain can be experienced with chronic diverticulitis.

Given your history, that is more likely.

You should follow a high fiber diet.

A colonoscopy should be considered.

Next possibility can be a nerve compression related symptom at the lower spine.

That can be checked by the lumbar spine scans.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile: