Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have a platelet count of 387 it says on lab work that came

Customer Question

I have a platelet count of 387 it says on lab work that came back and it says it's high and I have been dizzy since November and no one can figure out what's wrong
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: I have had a Mri of head and neck....woke up one morning with neck killing me and really dizzy...I have white stuff on my brain from MRI....doc thought I had MS.....but had spinal tap....it was ok.....thought lymes.....took doxycycline .....no help.....thought maybe lupus.....went to rheumatologist....she said no.....so going to Charlottesville to have chair test done to see if dizzy is coming from head or ears......I'm 52 year old female.....feel terrible
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No that's all the test bc everyone doesn't really give a crap .....so trying to do this myself.....family doc has left me hanging
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

That is not a concerning number by the way.

However, do you know your other blood cell counts like white blood cells, red blood cells?

At least dizziness is not likely related.

You may have cervical spondylosis or arthritis in the cervical spine which can cause dizziness comnmonly.

Hence, a MRI scan of the spine will be more useful.

Have you tried any physical therapy yet?

Vertigo specific physical therapy may be a good solution in most cases.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/