How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 55454
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I fell on my right side today - the knee and right arm got

Customer Question

I fell on my right side today - the knee and right arm got the brunt of the fall - the knee seems fine, but the arm hurts from the wrist to the elbow when I try to do something. There's a bruise in the elbow area.
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?
Customer: No swelling to speak of - turning the key on the car was difficult - things like that.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I have workmen at my house today and can't get away - I put ice on it - thought I would see how it is tomorrow and see a doctor if need be. I take 2 Aleve a day - on thyroid meds - BP meds - otherwise nutritional things - not prescription. Cancer survivor with lots of nerve damage from chemo.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Not really - I'm basically a healthy 83 year old and was actually at the Rehab place taking exercises and was walking in a hallway - linoleum - the sole of my shoe grabbed the flooring and that's how I fell.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.


Not sure what your question is.

It needs an x ray.

Urgent care is justified.

Sounds like it can be a fracture.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here

Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for this question

you might not need xrays

how old are you?

any other medical problems?

how are you feeling overall?

Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

still need help?