Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I fell on my right side today - the knee and right arm got

Customer Question
the brunt of the fall...
I fell on my right side today - the knee and right arm got the brunt of the fall - the knee seems fine, but the arm hurts from the wrist to the elbow when I try to do something. There's a bruise in the elbow area.
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?
Customer: No swelling to speak of - turning the key on the car was difficult - things like that.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I have workmen at my house today and can't get away - I put ice on it - thought I would see how it is tomorrow and see a doctor if need be. I take 2 Aleve a day - on thyroid meds - BP meds - otherwise nutritional things - not prescription. Cancer survivor with lots of nerve damage from chemo.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Not really - I'm basically a healthy 83 year old and was actually at the Rehab place taking exercises and was walking in a hallway - linoleum - the sole of my shoe grabbed the flooring and that's how I fell.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/25/2016
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 1 year ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hello

Not sure what your question is.

It needs an x ray.

Urgent care is justified.

Sounds like it can be a fracture.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Thanks for this question

you might not need xrays

how old are you?

any other medical problems?

how are you feeling overall?

still need help?

Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor