DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

After many exams for tachycardia, i was told that I had

Customer Question

After many exams for tachycardia, i was told that I had dehydration. I am drinking a lot of water and I started adding sport drinks with electrolytes to my diet. After doing all this, I was still told that I am dehydrated. Can you recommend anything for dehydration? i have noticed that after drinking a lot of water, my blood drops (mine is already on the low side).
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Hi

There is no way you are dehydrated.

That is a nonsense diagnosis.

You need a different evaluation for tachycardia.

See an internist.

Unless you have kidney disease, or some reason you are losing fluid.

Such as being on a diuretic.

If not, it is not dehydration.

You need a holter monitor, to watch the heart.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/