Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

Not sure if I have a sinus infection or not. Or something

Customer Question
Hello, not sure if I...
Hello, not sure if I have a sinus infection or not. Or something else. Thick yellowish green mucus, very bad taste and smell. What might this be. I did the z pack and it helped some. This has been going on for almost 3 weeks.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
5/22/2016
Doctor: khagihara, Doctor replied 1 year ago
khagihara
khagihara, Doctor

Do you have nasal obstruction, facial pain/pressure/fullness, or both?

Any medical problems?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No. Just stuffy until I do a rinse.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No medical problems, I'm allergic to anything in the cyllin family.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Some pressure.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you still there Doc?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have not received you answer regarding my symptoms.

Most likely it is sinus infection. Z pack should not be used because of high rates of resistance of the bacteria (S. pneumoniae). You should take Amoxicillin-clavulanate (500 mg/125 mg orally three times daily or 875 mg/125 mg orally twice daily). If you are allergic to penicillin, you should use Doxycycline (100 mg orally twice daily or 200 mg orally daily) or a respiratory fluoroquinolone (levofloxacin 500 mg orally or moxifloxacin 400 mg orally once daily).

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you.

You are welcome. Please rate my answer. Thank you.

khagihara
khagihara
khagihara, Doctor