Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

My recent chest x-ray report said that I have hypoeration. I

Customer Question
My recent chest x-ray report...
My recent chest x-ray report said that I have hypoeration. I know that hypo means below or less than and that aeration has to do with breathing in air. But what causes hypoaeration and is it significant in any way?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: The actual findings: severe biconvex scoliosis of the thoracolumbar spine. Fixation rods are noted. Generalized hypoaeration is present but there are no focal intiltrates within the lungs and no pleural effusion.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: 4 back surgeries, recent bilateral mastectomy, 2 pneumonias in the past...
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
5/21/2016
Doctor: Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Anthony Bray, MD

Hello!

The hypoaeration is a nonspecific type finding...

It could be due to failing to catch xray at your FULLEST DEEP BREATH

It may relate in part due to your physical limitations >> severe scoliosis could impede full filling of the lungs ...

Prior pneumoniae may not be significant but could at times lead to scar formation within lungs ...that could impede some filling of lungs as much

So I think it may relate as much to the curvature of the spine leading to some diminished capacity of the lungs to fill as completely fill with air

I don't think that it is terribly significant for you ..no to that

I hope that this information is helpful for you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback

Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor