Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
55099014

I am constantly swallowing flem and coughing, i feel like

Customer Question

Hey my name is ***** ***** am constantly swallowing flem and coughing, i feel like theres something stuck in my throat but i feel no lumps. I used to smoke marijuanna and i used alfoil to smoke it with, i heard that can put air bubbles in you. I feel like i am suffocating sometimes.
It is also hard to breath sometimes, a lot of the time.
I have schizophrenia. And i am a smoker, about 40 ciggarettes every 3 to 4 days. I feel a crackling on my neck also.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hi Paul. Good to meet you

I am worried you have lung disease like COPD

This can occur from smoking both cigarettes and marijuana

You need lung tests called PFTs

Pulmonary function tests

I would ask your doctor to refer you for these

let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave a positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/Thanks for using justanswer.com

Thanks for this question

Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it. :)

If you have more questions just reply