How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 64393
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have hepatitis c and was told i cant get the treatments

Customer Question

i have hepatitis c and was told i cant get the treatments because of i use meth
so i called some rehab places but they wont detox off of it so can you tell me what i can do for this
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloYou are correctYou have to detox.The only way is to stop meth for good.This must be under medical supervision.Find a Dr. of Addiction Medicine.These are the MD specialists in this area, often psychiatrists or internist. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You mentioned some experts in my area but I don't see any reccomendations.I live in the Palm Springs area.Thank You
This was the other doctor that mentioined this.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Sorry what state?