Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)
16766337

I've been having red blood in my stool off and on for 4 or 5

Customer Question

Hello, I've been having red blood in my stool off and on for 4 or 5 months now. I've been to my doctor 3 times now and first he gave me cream to put in the anus in the morning and before bed. For hemorrhoids. I've told him that I feel a steady pressure in my butt area deep inside. From what I've read of your answers, it could be rectal ulcers. He booked a specialist for me but they won't call for 6 months. He then prescribed me the hc foam for after movements. It seems if I have any alcoholic drinks the blood comes the next movement. And that pressure I was talking about. Also the blood is all mixed in with the stool most of the time. Should I wait the six months or go to emergency to get some help for once? Seeing the blood all the time can really mess with your head.
Thank you
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there ...

Thank you for the question ....

As blood in stool is really frightening and you have already this issue for last 4-5 months , so this is not good to wait for next 6 months .

It would be ideal for you to visit ER to get some help , persistent blood loss will result in low Hemoglobin.

And also diagnosis should be established for proper treatment .

So yes please go to ER.

Good luck .

Please rate my answer as good service .

Thanks .