How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. SH Your Own Question
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 8770
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. SH is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a scab that occurs on my left breast. I have had it

Customer Question

I have a scab that occurs on my left breast. I have had it for several years. The doctor says there is nothing wrong. My mammograms are normal.
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: Sometimes the nipple itches. If I remove the scab it is raw and will heal with a new scab.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I have fibrocystic breasts.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

Can you please attach a picture on here so that I can help you out in a better way.

Kindest regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am 79 yrs. old and do not fully understand how this works. I do not want a contract or subscription.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your kind response.

You are not enrolled or subscribed in any subscription of contract.

Have you been to a dermatologist to have this evaluated?

Have you had a skin biopsy?

Please let me know.


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not had a skin biopsy. I was seen by my GYN doctor and my medical Dr. They both said it was OK.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your response.

I think that you need to be seen by a dermatologist or a skin doctor.

I would recommend having a biopsy done.

Recurring skin scab is something concerning and things like vasculitis among other skin conditions must be considered which is why I would like that you should have a skin biopsy done to make the correct diagnosis and then proceed accordingly.

This session is open for any further questions that you may have.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.
Kindest regards