Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

Today I had my first physical therapy session for vertigo.

He did a thorough exam...
Today I had my first physical therapy session for vertigo. He did a thorough exam and did some stretching on my neck. I now have a wicked tension headache. Is this normal after a session?
5/16/2016
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Thanks for this question

This is pretty normal if he aggravated some nerves

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok thank you. everything is very sore. I just dont want it to be something scary wrong.

I don't think it will be

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He just felt my neck and stuff. I just know i read somewhere someone died from a stroke after going to a chiropracor and getting her neck adjusted. am i at risk for that? My neck wasnt adjusted. Just the intial appointment and getting my neck felt and stretched out

No you are not at risk for that without a high velocity adjustment

you are fine

just a muscle spasm

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok thank you!! I will take some meds and some heat. He told me it was normal since its my first time, and should get better with every appoitnment. Hoping it goes away soon!

you're welcome

please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it

Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hey Dr Phil could you help me with another question? I tried to request you but it's acting funNY

I'm here

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I've been consumed with fear thinking I have MS. My left palm has been having a burning sensation in it. It's been about two days off and on now. My cat scan last week showed no abnormalities. Mri three years ago was nornal. I also have random number and tingling in my face and down my left leg. I had my mri for a majority of these reasons. Is this all manifestations of anxiety or should I truly be worried about MS?

would you mind accepting additional services instead of a new question?

Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor