How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 64340
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a tightness around my ankles like a one inch band.

Customer Question

I have a tightness around my ankles like a one inch band. Have had this for more than a year.
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: This started after plantar farciatis. At first it extended to my arch and my toes also felt tight and would cramp. When I sat in the evening to relax, I felt tension in my legs and had to move around. This has eased a lot but occurs occaisionally when I get into bed and try to relax for sleep.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: The tightness eases during the day when I'm active but today it is very annoying. I play tennis and stretch and exercise but not regularly. I have recently been diagnosed with arthritis in my right hip, but this is symptomatic very infrequent. Mostly when I twist my body a certain way. I am on no medications and am in very good health.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloYou don't have a proper diagnosis, which depends on structural exam.This can be an ankle problem, knee problems, or lower spine problem.You need to see an MD specialist of PM&R.Physical medicine and rehabilitation.Structural exam, then testing depending on exam results, need to be done. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here