Dr.Amita
Dr.Amita, Doctor
Experience:  MD.Extensive knowledge of medicine.
20638885

My wife has over the course of 24 hours undergone a few

Customer Question

My wife has over the course of 24 hours undergone a few different symptoms but nothing is checking out online.
1. Nauseas
2. Very Upset Stomach
3. Stool in between normal and Diarrhea
4. Lower Back Ache
5. Upper Lip Swelling up
Is there something that puts all of these symptoms together?
Thank you..
Ian
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 1 year ago.

Dear *****

Thanks for your question.

Has she taken any new medicine within past couple of days?

Has she eaten anything which may have been stale?

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No she hasn't taken any other medication other than Birth Control pill. Which has never had these effects.
All good yesterday seemed fine and nothing stale.
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 1 year ago.

Thanks.

Has she eaten anything new, which she has not eaten before like any type of new seafood etc...?

Is she febrile?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, no seafood. The diet the brought this on consist of Toast, 2 fried eggs, and avacado.
By the time dinner came around she was to nauseas to eat. She ate a small salad and has been sick since then.No signs of fever.
Just a very upset stomach and the swollen lip happened last night. (See attached image) and a low back pain
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the reply and the photograph.

I have seen the photo.

It seems that she is having an allergic reaction to something, most likely something she has eaten.

She seems to have developed angioedema at her lip as a result of allergic reaction.She should take an anti allergic like benadryl or zyrtec if available and she should go to ER for further evaluation and treatment.

This is not something which should be treated at home.

This is my initial answer.Please reply if you need any further information.If done do take a moment to rate my answer by clicking on stars at the top of page.You can come back to the same thread even after you have rated my answer.