Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I slept with a women march 13th 2016 on may 8th 2016 we did

Customer Question

i slept with a women march 13th 2016 on may 8th 2016 we did an ultra sound and concluded she is 3 1/2 weeks pregnant. is there any possibility i am the father ?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

Is this a typo? We usually do not do an ultrasound at 3 1/2 weeks gestation.

Could this have been 13 1/2 weeks?

I had asked for some clarification and have not heard back.

If this was not a typo, then there is no chance that a sexual encounter on March 13th could result in a 3 and 1/2 week pregnancy on May 8th. This day of sex is 8 weeks before the date of the ultrasound, and sperm will typically only survive in the genital tract for up to 5 days.

However, as I said above, it is unusual for an ultrasound to be done at 3 1/2 weeks gestational age. If this is a typo, then the analysis would change.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.