How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 46697
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I started to feel a slight pressure on my bladder around 6

Customer Question

Hi. I started to feel a slight pressure on my bladder around 6 months ago and when I had a scan, there were a number of fibroids and a small cyst on each ovary which were considered too small to cause my symptoms(the pressure was getting worse, accompanied by nausea and feeling I needed to pass urine even when I'd just been, and a painful sensation in the area from my pubic bone down). I now have a n appointment in mid June with a bowel specialist but a week ago, I got another urine infection(blood present) and put on antibiotics but all the above symptoms have got a LOT worse to the point where I can't eat or drink much because of the nausea and also to avoid any more pressure on my bladder area, but worse of a all is the bladder discomfort- the only way to describe it is it feels like something is pushing down inside all the time and I'm having to hold it in! I have suffered with IBS and Constipation for years and I also got kicked in the stomach 7 years ago which put me in hospital for 3 days with a collection of fluid around the area but it was just bruising. I am desperate for some help and advice as I feel like I'm going mad as nothing gives me any relief and I can't go on feeling like this. Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

for bladder issues, you need to see a urologist doctor

and get a cystoscopy to look on the inside of your bladder

you could have something like overactive bladder syndrome or interstitial cystitis inflammation of your bladder.

it may not be your bowels causing the problems

it sounds like it is the bladder itself causing the problems.

get an appointment with a urology specialist doctor for testing of your bladder.

ask about overactive bladder syndrome or interstitial cystitis

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

Thanks for using