Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I've been getting some blood in my saliva over the past

Customer Question

I've been getting some blood in my saliva over the past couple of days only when i wake up and it doesn't persist during the day just when i wake up.
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: i had really sore throat around a month ago and it was very like tonsillitis and strep throat. It went away after around a week and i was fine. Then i developed i believe is oral Candida because the sides of my mouth were cracked and my tough was whitish. Thats mostly cleared away but I've started to notice bright red blood in my saliva just little streaks of it
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: well the bleeding was worst after taking 30mg of Ritalin on a one off
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ive also got one small slightly swollen lymph node on my neck just under my chin which is movable but it doesn't hurt. It could just be because of this fungal infection i believe is still have.
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome to Justanswer website.

Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern

Are you having any cough now?

Any loss of weight or appetite?

Since how long you have noticed this swollen lymph node?

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

The blood in your saliva is due to tiny broken blood vessels.

Blood vessels become friable or swollen and can easily be injured when there is inflammation or infection or after an infection.

I think that your symptoms should improve in due course of time as the after-effects of the inflammation or infection settle and you heal up completely.

I would not worry and would just keep an eye on it.

If your symptoms do not improve in the next week or two or worsen, then you need to be seen.

This session is open for any further questions that you may have.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner.
Kindest regards

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.
Kindest regards