Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

Help have been to so many doctors and can't get a diagnoses.

Customer Question
For years now I have...
Help have been to so many doctors and can't get a diagnoses. For years now I have been fatigued, sleep issues, trouble breathing ( can't even walk up stairs with being out of breath), swelling in face, hands and feet, inflamed muscle and muscle pain. Lab tests showed my liver enzymes were really high but next time they were fine, then lipase showed fine one time another they are sky high, I have stomach and back pain, weight gain, I had toxemia while I was pregnant and have that same feeling now. Also Ana test was positive with speckled patten and titer but doc said not high enough to worry. Help please
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
5/6/2016
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 1 year ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

you need to see a rheumatology autoimmune specialist because of your symptoms and your ANA speckled test pattern.

you need more blood testing to check for

antibodies to double-stranded DNA (anti-dsDNA) tests,
antibodies to histone tests,
antibodies to phospholipids,
antibodies to Ro/SS-A and La/SS-B,
antibodies to Sm target Sm proteins in the cell nucleus,
antibodies to RNP target ribonucleoproteins

you very well could have an autoimmune condition like lupus or something else.

often times these autoimmune conditions can be very difficult to test for and diagnose.

you need to see a specialist in rheumatology. these are the doctors who treat patients who have autoimmune disorders.

have you seen a rheumatologist yet?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No I have seen endocrinologist, GP, and gastrointestinal Doctor. Had all those tests and more. Also newer symptoms are vertigo, ear ache and severe head aches. I have been going to doctors since 2012 trying to figure this out, back then I had lost half my hair.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Really struggling to breath recently feel like my chest, body is inflamed

autoimmune issues can come and go and can be very difficult to diagnose

alopecia aeata can cause hair loss and be autoimmune

autoimmune hepatitis can cause occasional elevations of your liver enzyme levels.

you need autoimmune testing again

you need pulmonary function testing of your lungs to check for problems with your airways and breathing.

many patients have to wait for 2-6 yrs to get their autoimmune condition properly diagnosed.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The most recent testing I had lipase was high and it was the Ana tests. It has been awful recently can barely get out of bed. I need to figure it out I feel like it keeps getting worse and worse. It's affecting my quality of life.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can't live like this for more years I have kids and it's affecting everything

then get back to the rheumatologist and ask for repeated testing for autoimmune disorders and see what the testing levels are now.

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician