How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 56558
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Have sharpe pain in my streunm can,t eat feel like I need to

Customer Question

have sharpe pain in my streunm can,t eat feel like I need to vomit has been this way for five days. Went to hospital all my blood work was good chest xray good. They said I have indigestion but not getting better,taking over the counter prolsec and mylanta
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for this question

I'm very sorry about this

This is concerning for another problem like eosinophilic esophagitis

I think you need an endoscopy right away

This is a scope of the throat

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

Thanks for using

Expert:  Nadim Al-Mubarak replied 1 year ago.


  • This is very likely an esophageal issue. The top of the list is gastric reflux: acid backing up from the stomach into the esophagus causing irritation and the associated symptoms are just like what you have. It may not respond to the medications you tried, and it might require more time to respond
  • Endoscopy might be needed, but NOT right away. Evaluation by a Gastroenterologist and possibly a trial of proper medications is first to be considered.
  • Eosinophilic esophagitis it too specific and not supported by the history you provided, and there is no indication that this is the problem: this is typically a pathologic diagnosis, based on a biopsy, but this is very unlikely
  • I would advise you to see a gastroenterologist if these symptoms do not resolve within the next few days.

Let me know if you need any more clarifications. Best wishes

Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for this question

Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it :)

If you have more questions, just reply.