Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

The tip of my penis hurts and can be itchy sometimes and i

Customer Question
hi the tip of my...
hi the tip of my penis hurts and can be itchy sometimes and i feel like my butt is on fire
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: i took some stds test and they ball came back negative
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: yes it started about a week ago and hasnt stop
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
5/5/2016
Doctor: Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician replied 1 year ago
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician

Thank you for your question.

This could be a fungal or a yeast infection with what you are describing particularly since you mention that your tests have come back negative.

So I would have given you a course of an anti-fungal such as fluconazole for five to seven days to see if that would help with your symptoms.

Alternatively, it may still be a bacterial infection that has been missed on blood tests, and if your symptoms persist, a course of an antibiotic such as ciprofloxacin or levofloxacin may be well worth it to see if that would help improve your symptoms.

This session is open for any further questions that you may have.
This session will remain open after you rate me. I would, therefore, appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner, as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.
Kindest regards

Dr. SH
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician