Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have been having a combination of high blood pressure

Customer Question
(165/110) and low pulse rate...
I have been having a combination of high blood pressure (165/110) and low pulse rate (50-52bpm) for 2-3 days. I take lisinopril 10MG a day. My regular doc is out of town
Do you have any suggestions?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
5/4/2016
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Thanks for this question

With this combination you really need to go to urgent care or ER and get seen

They need to do an EKG and check blood work

your med will need to be changed. Probably an increase dose of lisinopril to start

Doctor: Nadim Al-Mubarak, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Nadim Al-Mubarak

Greetings

This all depends on how you feel and what symptoms you have

If you have no symptoms, the heart rate is certainly not of no concern

Your systolic BP (upper number) is mildly elevated but of no immediate concern. Your diastolic BP is elevation is of concern, but it is not life threatening.

You should relax and recheck your BP. Make sure you are suing your BP machine correctly

If your BP is down, then nothing to be done. If your BP remains in the same range or higher, it is ok to take an additional lisinopril 10 mg, just once and contact your physician in AM. Your BP should come down within 1-2 hours

If you do have symptoms: chest pain, shortness of break, dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, passing out, weakness of legs or arms etc. then you need to go the ER, not urgent care.

Thanks for this question

Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it :)

If you have more questions, just reply

Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor