Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My son has had severe back pain for years and now is losing…

Customer Question
My son has had severe...
My son has had severe back pain for years and now is losing weight fast. He went from 124 lbs to 116 in less than two days and than lost 6 lbs in two days. He is 36 years old 5' 6' and weighs 110 lbs. We think something is shutting down in his body but all the doctors give him is pain medicine and he just throws thag all up.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
5/4/2016
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

I am sorry about your son.

having severe gastritis, vomiting, not drinking water can cause him to be dehydrated and to loose weight quickly.

dehydration is a serious issue.

he need to go to the ER and get blood tests to check his BUN and creatinine levels which could be elevated as signs for dehydration.

he needs an MRI scan of your spine to look for herniated disks or pinched nerves in his spine which can be causing him pain.

when was his last MRI scan of his spine?